BRED BY PGA INNOVABRED IN AUSTRALIA; INTRODUCED IN NORTH AMERICA BY PLANTS NOUVEAU, LLC.
How long has it been on the market?
2016 was the first year for sales in the U.S.
Key features from breeder
- Vibrant, hot pink bracts atop dark pink flowers
- Early flowering and beautiful fragrance
- Bred in Australia and selected for its intense color and lengthy flowering season
- Extremely neat, compact habit and aromatic, grey foliage
- Main flowering flush begins in spring with spot flowering throughout summer
- Ideal for paths, entryways and entertainment areas where the winter color can be appreciated
- Low hedging
- Water-wise gardens
- General garden use
Grows to height/width
12 to 15 inches tall and 12 to 15 inches wide
Retail merchandising/display suggestions:
- Use as a border plant in displays
- In mixed containers with other drought-tolerant annuals/grasses
- Display in drought-tolerant plant section
Consumer care requirements
Low water requirements. Drought tolerant once established. Plant in a sunny location in well-draining soil. Prune back to two thirds of its size in late spring to remove any winter damage, otherwise shape as needed. After pruning, an application of slow release fertilizer would be beneficial.