BRED BY J. BERRY NURSERY
Lagerstroemia indica ‘CS2012-12’
How long has it been on the market?
Grows to height/width
10 to 12 feet tall and 8 feet wide
Upright habit — large shrub or small tree
Key features from breeder
- Beautiful black foliage that holds its color from spring through frost
- Masses of beautiful blooms early summer until frost
- Resistance to powdery mildew and cercospora leaf spot
- Commercially friendly growth rates for ease of production
- Drought tolerant once established
- Low maintenance for the end consumer
- Perfect size (10-12 feet tall and 8 feet wide) for urban landscapes and small space gardens, and suitable for containers
Consumer care requirements
Black Diamond crapemyrtles are known for their easy-care nature. Winter pruning keeps the plants tidy. Fertilize once per year as new growth emerges. Little other maintenance required other than watering during extreme drought.